Hello Guys! Welcome to our website. We wish to give our best solutions to your questions. So you want to know about the problem that occurs in your touch id and the phrase “Unable to connect touch id setup. Please go back and try again”, isn’t it? No worries, we provide step-by-step solutions, so without wasting much time, let us get started!!
Touch ID is a method to verify the identity on an iPhone or iPad. In some cases, if the Touch ID isn’t working, you will not be able to use your fingerprint to get into your device, or you scan your fingerprint to make your purchase in the App store.
METHOD 1: An essential way to check the error ‘Unable to Complete Touch ID Setup.’
So before we are starting with fixing the touch id setup problems, there are some checks we have to proceed with before, and we should make sure that there is a problem with the touch id set up so that we can fix them in various ways. So here are six ways to check the touch id issue. Try them and get benefited
- Be sure to have the latest version of the update.
- Then test whether the finger suspicion is evident and clean the home button and fingers before logging in.
- Sometimes due to improper setup of finger to the home button causes this touch id error, so place your fingers properly to the button
- Next, if we have covered with a screen glass for safety, make sure it is correctly aligned around the home button
Note: We can use a lint-free material to clear away anything that could be on your finger or device that’s stopping the fingerprint reader. So in some cases, even a tiny bit of water or sweat can make it hard for your iPhone or iPad to read the fingerprint.
If the Home button has lots of grime, clean with a circular motion around the edge of the Home button, and then do it in reverse to clear out as much as feasible.
- Make sure to turn on the iPhone unlock and iTunes and enable the fingerprint set up.
Note: In some cases, while unlocking your device with Touch ID, you might need to rest your finger on the reader and then press the Home button once to unlock your iPhone/iPad. Turn off this feature and enable the Finger to Open Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button.
- We can try to add other fingers and try logging.
- Delete your existing fingerprint and then restart your device. When the iPad turns on again, enrol a new finger. This Touch ID setup may not have completed successfully.
Check once you apply all the methods to set up the touch id.
METHOD 2: Advanced Methods to Fix Unable to Complete Touch ID Setup (models iPhone 6/7/8):
Again the setup is not proper?? Don’t worry, let us go to the advanced way of sorting the problem. We have put forth various steps in which you can try and fix the issue of “unable to complete touch id setup.”
Step 1: Restart your iPhone.
We have two different types of restarting in the iPhone, encompassing soft restart and hard restart; you need to do a force restart in case of this issue. Let us follow the steps and resolve the error.
For iPhone 8 and later models
- First, you have to press and release the volume up button.
- Then press and release the work down button.
- Next, Press and hold the wake/sleep button, and at a particular point, you will see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 7 and 7 plus
- We have to press and hold the wake/sleep button and the volume down button together until we see the Apple logo.
For iPhone 6 and earlier:
- We have to press and hold the sleep/wake button and home button together until we see the screen’s Apple logo.
Step 2: Have an updated version.
The second method to settle the problem of touch id setup is to update your iOS version. In such cases, update your new version and then continue using your phone. Let us follow the steps to correct the iPhone.
- First, we should Plug the device with the charger and make sure Wi-Fi is ON.
- Next, select the “software updates” option in the setting menu.
- Then, click the option “download and install.”
- Lastly, click on the “install” option to complete the update installation.
Step 3: Check to see if the Touch ID is Broken
Check and see that if the Touch ID is not broken. If it is then repaired, it first can quickly get rid of this error. Unable to Complete Touch ID Setup, please go back and try the error issue again.
Step 4: Turn OFF & Turn ON in the iTunes & App Store.
Turn OFF & Turn ON in the iTunes & App Store.
- First, Go to the settings.
- Then you click on the Touch ID & Passcode option.
- Next, Enter the Passcode
- Then you should turn OFF the iTunes & App Store.
- data-preserver-spaces=”true”>Reboot or Restart your Device
- Then Again, it would help if you went to Touch ID & Passcode Settings.
- Turn the iTunes & App Store ON.
- After completing, close all tabs.
By turning OFF and turning it ON back in the iTunes & Athe pp, Store settings can get back from this Failed Unable to Complete Touch ID Setup after screen replacement.
Step 5: Turn OFF & Turn it ON Back iPhone Unlock Option.
The setting to Turn OFF & Turn it ON back iPhone Unlock Option
- Go to the Settings
- Go to Touch ID & Passcode settings
- Enter your Passcode
- Now, Turn OFF iPhone Unlock
- Then you can press the Home button to go to the home screen
- Restart your Device
- Now again, you should go back to Touch ID & Passcode settings
- Enter your Passcode
- Turn ON iPhone Unlock
- Click on the Add a Fingerprint
- That’s it
- Now close the tab
Turning OFF and Turn it On the back, the iPhone Unlock Settings option can help you fix and solve this problem.
Step 6: Reboot your phone
Still, the problem occurs? Don’t worry, let’s try another method. In some cases, Tenorshare ReiBoot is the outcome of the situation. If you have strived all the other forms and still confront touch id setup issues, you can use it to solve the problem.
Step 1: First, download the application on the Laptop or pc and then launch the application for usage. When the software comprehends the device, select the “repair operating system” option.
Step 2: Next, if the operating system is not working, we should click on the “fix now” button to continue fixing it.
Step 3: The next step is to download the firmware. Select the way you should download the application and then click the continue option
Step 4: If you have already downloaded the firmware packages, import them by clicking the “select” option.
Step 5: Then click “start now” to begin the repair process.
Step 6: The entire procedure takes some time to complete and doesn’t disconnect the device in the meanwhile. After the process completion automatically, the device will reboot.
Thus, this article is about the problem of “unable to complete touch id setup.”
We assessed all the paths through which we can unlock the device without losing data. We hope you found some valuable things in getting your issue done correctly!
Don’t forget to thank us!!! Share the feedbacks and comment if any problems you are facing!