How to Fix Error – The Procedure Entry Point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located: Windows 10 users are getting a weird error these days.
On launching certain games through SweetFx, they get a dialogue box, and the game launch fails thereafter. The dialogue box reads, “The Procedure Entry Point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll”.
According to some tech geeks, this error is related to SweetFx. However, some say it is an issue with NVIDIA drivers. No matter what, we will provide you the best possible solution to fix this error code.
How To Fix Error – The Procedure Entry Point Createdxgifactory2 Could Not Be Located
Method 1: Get Rid Of Sweetfx
SweetFx compatibility has been under question for a while. It has caused issues with many games. So it is better to uninstall SweetFx, which can fix the error code we are facing; as an alternative to SweetFx, you can use VibranceGUI. To uninstall SweetFx on your system, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to C:\Program Files. Check if you can find a folder with the name SweetFx. (If you are unable to find this folder at this path, go to C:\Program Files (x86) ).
- Delete the folder, SweetFx.
- Now launch the game and check if the error persists.
Method 2: Switch To The Previous Version Of Nvidia Drivers
Follow the steps given below to roll back the latest version of NVIDIA drivers:
- Download the NVIDIA drivers from the link given below.
- Uninstall the current Drivers on your system. (You can use Display Driver Uninstall Utility).
- Install the NVIDIA drivers you downloaded in Step 1.
- Reboot your system.
- After a successful reboot, launch the game and check if the error persists.
Method 3: Rename A Dll File
Follow the steps given below to implement this method:
- Go to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).
- Locate the dll file named dxgi.dll.
- Rename it to d3d11.dll.
- Now launch and enjoy the game.
Method 4: Updated Graphics Card Driver
Follow the steps given below to implement this method and update your graphics card driver:
- Right-click the Start menu’s button in Windows 10 to select Device Manager.
- Double-click, the Display adapters category to expand it.
- Right-click the discrete (NVIDIA or AMD) graphics card to select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab on the properties window.
- Next, click the Roll Back Driver option.
- A Driver Package rollback window will open.
- Select the For another reasonable option.
- Click the Yes button.
These were the three methods to fix the error – The Procedure Entry Point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located. I hope you liked this article and were able to fix this issue. In case of any concerns regarding any of the methods mentioned above, please ask via comments. If you come across any alternate method to fix this error, kindly share that with us to help other users. Thanks.