Fix NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012 in iPhone and iPad: When we talk of tech giants, Apple is the first name that comes to our mind.
Apple is the boss, no doubt. But we must also accept the fact that errors are inevitable. Apple devices also suffer from few errors. Errors are annoying and so we are here to fix a few. In this article, we are going to talk of one such annoying error,
that is, NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012. This error might have freaked out your mind, but you need not worry as we are here to calm you down. In the upcoming section, we will be providing you few methods to fix NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012. So go through each of the methods steps by step and carefully.
How To Fix Nsurlerrordomain Error 1012
Method 1: Reset The DNS Cache
In this method, we will be deleting some PLISTs followed by a command that will reset the DNS cache to fix NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012. Go through each of the steps carefully:
- First of all, delete the following PLISTs as mentioned in the below list:
- Users/<my username>/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist.
- Users/<my username>/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist/lockfile
- Users/<my username>/Library/Preferences/com.apple.softwareupdate.plist
NOTE: <my username> is the user through which you are trying to access the store.
- Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal.
- In this terminal, type the following command:
sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
- This will reset the DNS Cache.
- Now restart your device.
- After a successful startup, go to System Preferences –> Network.
- Now highlight the active connection and click Advanced.
- Go to TCP/IP –> Renew DHCP License.
This is one of the most successful methods to fix NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012. But if this didn’t work for you, try the methods mentioned below to fix NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012.
Method 2: Soft Reset Your Apple Device
Soft resetting an apple device can also fix this error. One good thing about the soft reset is that you won’t be losing any data. However, if you are afraid, you can take a back of your data. Follow this link to know the steps to Soft Reset your Apple device:
This should fix NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012. However, if this didn’t fix your problem, follow the last method as mentioned below.
Method 3: Disable Antivirus Or Firewall
Many times, Antivirus and/or firewall can also cause NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012. So you can disable them for few minutes to check it fixes NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012. This method is being reported to fix NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012 by some users. Hope it works for you too. Follow the steps mentioned below to go through this method:
- Disable Antivirus Software (If installed).
- Go to System Preferences –> Security & Privacy –> Firewall –> Firewall Options.
- If the firewall has been enabled, disable it.
- Make sure the gatekeeper is enabled.
After following these steps, check if the error still persists. I hope you have successfully fixed NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012.
So these were the three methods to fix NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012 in Apple devices. Hope you liked this article on fix NSURLErrorDomain Error 1012 in iPhone and iPad. In case you find yourself in trouble while going through the methods mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments. Thanks and stay in touch