Avast Removal Tool: Removing Avast antivirus from your device completely is indeed a difficult task. Of course, you can uninstall the software by following the usual Windows interface through the Windows uninstallation of Programs and Features.
However, it will leave some of the files in your operating system, and that can be a serious issue. Running two antivirus solutions would not be a risky affair. That is where the Avast Removal tool comes to the fore.
What is Avast Removal Tool?
As the name itself should indicate, it is Avast Antivirus Removal Tool. It helps you completely delete the files related to Avast antivirus from your computer. The software works with practically every Avast product. Whether you are using free antivirus, Avast Internet Security, or even Avast Premier, the software will help you remove all the Avast programs with ease.
The Avast uninstaller works efficiently across any of the Windows versions including Windows 10/8/ 7 or even XP. The Avast removal tool is compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.
How to Use Avast Uninstall Utility?
Well, using the Avast Uninstall Utility is quite simple and easy. You just need to download the utility from the official Avast website, and you are good to go. Here are the steps that should help you in the Avast Uninstall process –
- Download the Avast Uninstall Utility.
- Avast will ask you if you want to run the tool in SAFE mode. Press the Yes button
- To confirm the reboot, press Yes again.
- It will ask you which product would you want to remove.
- The utility will detect the Avast Antivirus software installed on your device and display them.
- Choose the product from the drop-down box.
- Click on “UNINSTALL“
- Once the process is complete, you’ll need to restart your PC by pressing Reboot computer
That should easily delete your Avast product. If you have more than one Avast product (which is not a common situation though), you can run the program again to remove the Avast products from your system efficiently.
How to Uninstall Avast Using Windows Settings
- Click On Settings from the options menu.
- Apps > Apps & Features. select the Avast Antivirus
- press Uninstall > Uninstall to begin removing Avast.
- This will launch the Avast uninstaller. Click Uninstall to start uninstalling the software.
- Press Yes to confirm.
- Press Restart computer
Why Use Avast Removal Tool?
Uninstalling Avast antivirus following the standard procedure may not be an easy task in many cases. In fact, Avast Antivirus cannot be removed by the normal procedure in most cases. That is exactly how it would be a great idea to use the Avast uninstaller.
You will also ensure that there are no files and leftover registry entries are left when you uninstall Avast Antivirus on your system. The specialized uninstaller should be a perfect option for most of your requirements and will take care of a clean uninstall of your Antivirus program. This can be quite helpful in letting you uninstall all leftovers before you can install your Avast Antivirus afresh (or any other antivirus solution for that matter).
Do note that you will not be able to use the Avast Uninstaller through the normal mode on your Windows operating system. Make sure you are using the Safe mode before running the Avast Removal Tool. Even if use the normal mode, you would be prompted to use the Safe mode.
Incoming Search Terms:
- avast removal tool
- avast uninstall
- avast antivirus removal tool
- avast uninstaller
- avast uninstall utility