Redmi Note 3 Fingerprint Scanner not Working: Redmi Note 3 is one of the best budget smartphones these days. With full-fledged features at such a low cost, this has stolen the hearts of millions all over the world.
With its slim outfit, decent camera, fantastic shape, and many other extraordinary features, this smartphone is one of the best. One of the most exciting features that this phone is offering is the Fingerprint scanner.
It actually eases the way you unlock your phone and applications.
I recently bought this phone (around 2 months ago), and suddenly the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I deleted the scanned fingerprints. But when I started scanning new fingerprints, it said “Couldn’t add fingerprint. Please try again later” and it automatically came back to the settings page.
I restarted my phone but nothing worked out for me. I got very disappointed and searched a lot on the web for Redmi Note 3 Fingerprint Scanner not working. Though there were few similar posts none of them was convenient for me. After so much research, I finally found a fix for Redmi Note 3 Fingerprint scanner not working.
How To Fix Redmi Note 3 Fingerprint Scanner Not Working
In this section, you will get two methods to fix Redmi note 3 fingerprint scanner not working. I recommend you not to jump straight to method 2. First, go for method 1. If that doesn’t fix your issue, go for the second method.
Method 1: Update Miui Version
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on About Phone.
- At the bottom, tap on System Updates icon.
- Click on Check for Updates Button.
- Download the latest version of MIUI.
- Reboot your phone (It may take 5 to 20 minutes).
- Now try unlocking your phone using a fingerprint scanner and check if the error still persists.
Method 2: Reset Your Phone
If the first method didn’t work for you, try this method. Before resetting your phone, make sure you have taken a backup of your data. This is because you will lose all your data after this method. However, you can easily restore that if you have taken a backup. Follow the steps given below to reset your phone.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Additional Settings.
- Scroll down and select Backup and Reset.
- Choose the last tab, that is, Factory data reset.
- This will take some time. Wait for the device to reset and try unlocking your phone with the fingerprint scanner.
So these were the two methods to fix Redmi Note 3 Fingerprint scanner not working. Hope you liked this article on How to Fix Redmi Note 3 Fingerprint Scanner Not Working. In case of any issues regarding this, feel free to reach out to us via comments or contact form. Thanks and stay in touch.