Well, a few hours ago, I was happily playing PUBG on my Android device. I played for almost an hour and then fell asleep for around 2-3 hours. Then I again launched PUBG on the same device with the same internet connection, but the next thing actually took me by surprise. After loading the same for more than a minute, a pop up appeared next to my screen and said:
Internet Error. Please check your network and try again.
Error Code: 154140712
Since I was using the same device and same WiFi that I was using 2 hours ago, I was actually shocked to see the Internet Error. I thought there might be something wrong at their end or there might be some fixable bug. However, this was not the case. Let me share my experience on how I fixed PUBG Internet Error on my device. This is very easy, trust me.
WHAT CAUSES PUBG INTERNET ERROR?
There are only two possible reasons that can cause PUBG Internet Error.
- Your Internet Connection is actually going slow.
- Incorrect DNS Configuration on your device.
For me, the actual cause was the first one. Though I was using the same WiFi, it was not working perfectly at that time. I tried to load normal web pages and they were actually loading slow and that made me sure that it is my Internet connectivity that is causing the PUBG Internet Error.
Now that we know the root cause of PUBG Internet Error, it is high time we get into the methods to fix PUBG Internet Error: Error Code 154140712.
HOW TO FIX PUBG INTERNET ERROR: ERROR CODE 154140712
In this section, you will be getting all the necessary methods required to resolve PUBG Internet Error. So, let us how we can fix this issue.
METHOD 1: SWITCH BETWEEN WiFi and MOBILE DATA
There is one Mantra that all of us need to accept. This is, PUBG requires a strong internet connectivity to work properly. If you have a slow internet connection, PUBG may not work as desired. So, you need to choose between your WiFi and Mobile Data, depending on which one is having a better speed at that point in time. In my case, I switched to Mobile Data as my WiFi was not working properly and that fixed my problem in seconds. So, choose what best suits you and fix PUBG Internet Error.
METHOD 2: CONFIGURE CORRECT DNS ON YOUR DEVICE
STEPS TO CONFIGURE DNS SETTINGS FOR iOS
- Go to Settings and then tap on Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the circular blue icon which is placed just next to the Wifi you are connected to.
- Now scroll down to find the DNS section. Here, tap on Configure DNS.
- Select Manual, if the current selection is Automatic.
- Scroll down to the DNS Servers and delete all the servers, if there are any.
- Now tap on Add Server button.
- Add 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 DNS entries one by one and save the settings.
- Try to launch PUBG on your iOS device and check if the PUBG Internet Error with error code 154140712 still persists.
STEPS TO CONFIGURE DNS SETTINGS FOR ANDROID
- Go to Settings and tap on Wi-Fi option.
- Now long press the Wi-Fi that you are connected with, and then tap on Modify Network option. If the long press is not working, you may see an arrow icon. Just tap on it and you will land at the right place.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select IP Settings or Advanced > IP Settings depending upon the device and/or Android version you are running.
- Change from DHCP to Static.
- Now enter the following values in DNS 1 and DNS 2 respectively:
DNS 1: 18.104.22.168
DNS 2: 22.214.171.124
- Tap on OK button to save the changes. Now try to launch PUBG on your Android device and check if the PUBG Internet Error still persists.
That is all you need to do. Hope you liked this article. In case of any issues, feel free to drop your query in the comment section below. Thanks.