Windows Operating System users may often encounter an installation error code 0x80070643 while installing some applications including Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Security Essentials, or even .NET framework.
The error code 0x80070643 may occur if the MSI software updates registration has been corrupted or if the .NET Framework installation has been corrupted.
Though this error is really annoying, you need not worry in order to fix Installation Error 0x80070643 in .NET Framework. This article will lead you to various methods to fix Installation Error 0x80070643. You can go through any of the methods as applicable.
HOW TO FIX INSTALLATION ERROR 0x80070643
In this section, we will be giving different methods to fix Installation Error 0x80070643. You can go through the steps of any of the methods as applicable for you.
METHOD 1: FIX MSI SOFTWARE UPDATE REGISTRATION CORRUPTION ISSUES
In the first method to fix Installation Error 0x80070643, you need to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues. In this method, you need to visit Windows Update and follow the steps given below:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Go to Windows Update.
- Here, you got to try reinstalling the .NET Framework update in order to fix Installation Error 0x80070643.
If the above method is unable to fix Installation Error 0x80070643, you need to switch to Method 2.
METHOD 2: REPAIR .NET FRAMEWORK
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework repair tool.
- Reinstall the following updates:
- Now check if the error still persists.
If this method is unable to fix Installation Error 0x80070643 you need to switch to Method 3.
METHOD 3: UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL .NET FRAMEWORK
Go through the following steps to have a detailed explanation of this method.
- Download .NET Framework cleanup tool.
- Click Open when prompted and click on Extract Now.
- Run the.exe file named as exe.
- A dialogue box will be prompted asking for your permission to run .NET Framework Setup Cleanup Utility. You need to click on YES.
- Again Click YES.
- Go to Product to cleanup window and click on the list and select .NET Framework – All Versions and then clean up now.
- After this, restart your system.
- Download and install the corresponding components.
- Restart your PC.
- Visit windows update again and check for install updates.
- Re install .NET framework update.
Hope you liked this article on “Fix Installation Error 0x80070643”. If you face any issues while going through the procedure mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments.