How to fix Instagram Couldn’t Load Location: Instagram, as we all know, is one of the best social media applications of this era. From the time it has been purchased by Facebook, it is gaining popularity day by day. Few days week, it was revealed that Instagram managed to get 1 billion monthly active users. Yes, you read it right, it’s 1 billion active users. Numbers don’t lie and this number clearly proves the popularity and love Instagram is receiving from its users.
Though managing such a large number of users is very difficult, Instagram has actually done a great job. Also, Instagram has changed a lot of policies to prevent scams.
We have decent experience in fixing errors related to Instagram. Earlier we had talked about a number of such Instagram-specific issues that received a great response from users all over the world. Some of the issues that we fixed include Instagram invalid parameters Error, Instagram Checkpoint Required Error, Instagram your account has been disabled error, and a lot more.
If you are extremely new to Instagram, we wrote an article for novice users, guiding them on how to post beautifully on Instagram. You can read this article below.
Recently, a lot of people approached us to get the solution for another Instagram specific issue. This issue was that of Instagram couldn’t load location. You might be getting this issue when you try to post an image on Instagram. One of the users wrote:
I’m having trouble with Instagram being unable to load location when I try to put a location on pictures, through story or a picture on my profile.
However, this user was not alone. A significant number of Instagram users all across the world are facing this issue. We tried to dive deep into this error and then we came up with few methods to fix Instagram couldn’t load location issue. Please make sure you implement the steps carefully to get rid of this issue once and for all. So, let us not waste any time further and jump directly to the methods given below to fix Instagram Couldn’t load location error.
HOW TO FIX INSTAGRAM COULDN’T LOAD LOCATION ISSUE
METHOD 1: UNLINK FACEBOOK ACCOUNT, IF YOU HAVE DEACTIVATED IT
If you have deactivated Facebook or any other social media account (such as Twitter, Tumblr) that is linked to Instagram, go and unlink it immediately. Please note that this method is applicable to you only if you have recently deactivated your Facebook or any other account and then this error started to pop up. To unlink any social media account, follow the instructions given below:
- on your Android or iOS device.
- Click on the User icon on the bottom right.
- Scroll down to find an option for Linked accounts and tap on it.
- Choose Facebook or any other account you have linked and then unlink it.
- Once done, try to add the location on your photo and check if the error still persists.
- You should not be getting Instagram Couldn’t load location error now.
METHOD 2: TURN ON LOCATION
If you have not turned on location on your Android or iOS device, then you may get Instagram couldn’t load location issue. So make sure you have turned it on and to do that, you can follow the steps given below.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on the Privacy option.
- Now choose the Location option.
- Make sure you have turned ON the option for Access to my location. If this option is not enabled on your device, enable it straight away.
- If it was already enabled, and you are still getting Instagram couldn’t load location even after implementing this method and previous as well, better try the next 2 methods given below.
METHOD 3: GRANT INSTAGRAM THE PERMISSION TO ACCESS LOCATION
You may have enabled location on your device but you may not have granted Instagram permission to access your location. In this case, you can get Instagram couldn’t load location error. So better fix these settings by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to find the Permissions option and tap on it.
- Now tap on the Permissions tab again as shown in the screenshot below.
- Select the Location option.
- Now please make sure it has been turned ON for the Instagram application.
- If it has been disabled, enable it and check if the error still persists.
METHOD 4: REINSTALL INSTAGRAM ON YOUR DEVICE
If none of the methods mentioned above worked for you, it is better you uninstall the Instagram application from your Android or iOS device and install it again. You can download the latest version of Instagram for both Android and iOS devices from the respective links given below.
Once you have downloaded the latest version of Instagram on your device, try loading the location and check if the error still persists.
So these were the few methods to fix Instagram couldn’t load location issue. Hope you liked this article on How to Fix Instagram couldn’t Load Location issue. If you are stuck at some point or if you are facing some issue, feel free to drop the issue in the comment section below. We will try to resolve your query at the earliest. Stay tuned.