How to Install Windows 10: There are a number of ways to install Windows 10 on a PC. However, you can broadly classify them into two:
- Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.
- Do a clean installation of Windows 10.
Please keep in mind that in this article, we are providing a guide for the Clean Installation of Windows 10 only. We are not providing the method to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8. Also, please note that your PC will be formatted and all the apps and data will be wiped out. So make sure you take the backup of important data you want to restore.
If you are all set to get a guide on How to Install Windows 10 on PC, let’s get started without wasting any time. In order to install Windows 10 on PC, we will be making use of Windows Media Creation Tool that will make this task super easy.
How To Install Windows 10 On Pc
Follow the steps mentioned below to install Windows 10 on PC:
- First and most importantly, download the Windows Media creation tool from the link given below:
- Once downloaded, launch the tool. It will open up with two options. Choose the option Create Installation Media for another PC.
- Insert a USB Drive having more than 4 GB of capacity. Select this drive from the list when asked.
- Now you will need to choose the Language, Windows 10 Edition, and Architecture. Make sure you choose 64-bit in Architecture.
- Install Windows 10 from the installation media.
- Reboot your system with the USB drive and boot from the drive.
- Select Install Now once the installer starts.
- Now you will get the Activate Windows screen. Here you have got two options:
Enter your Windows 10 key here. If you don’t have it for Windows 10, you can enter key for Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.
If you previously had Windows 10, you can click I don’t have a product key option. Windows will automatically activate once it has been installed.
- Go through the wizard normally until you get Which type of Installation you want the screen. Choose Custom there.
- Now partition the system the way you like.
Verify Windows Activation Status
Once the Windows has been installed, you need to verify whether it has been activated or not. Follow the steps given below to verify it:
- Click on Start Menu and go to Settings.
- Select Update and Security button.
- Go to Activation tab.
- Here you will see a message Windows is activated.
- If you are getting this message, then everything is up and running.
So this was an easy yet efficient guide on How to Install Windows 10. Hope you liked this article on How to Install Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool. In case of any issues or concerns, feel free to reach out to us via comments or contact us page. We are always happy to help. Thanks.