How to Fix Youtube Playback Error: When it comes to watching videos online, Youtube has the monopoly. You cannot have an application better than Youtube to serve the purpose of online video streaming. It has been on the market for so many years and no one has ever able to compete against Youtube.
I literally love Youtube because of the fact that I can actually watch anything on Youtube. Be it an extremely old song that I want to listen to or a recipe for a rare dish, you can get anything on this Google-backed application.
Youtube often provides a very smooth experience to its end users. However, no matter how good or how popular an application is, it can never be 100% error-free and Youtube is no different, though getting errors on Youtube is very rare. A number of users are reported facing an error on youtube that is called Youtube Playback Error.
So, let us first check out what this error is all about, and then we will try to provide some methods to get it fixed.
There may be a scenario when you click on any video on your Youtube app and you will get an error message that would say:
Video Playback Error
Tap to Retry
However, even if you tap to retry, you will again get the same error and you will find yourself stuck in the vicious circle of Youtube Playback Error. This error can occur on Youtube apps installed on iPhone, iPad, Android device or even on a Windows device. Now that we know how this error looks like, let us see how we can fix the Youtube Playback Error.
HOW TO FIX YOUTUBE PLAYBACK ERROR
In this section, you will be getting a lot of methods to resolve Youtube Playback Error. Please make sure you follow the instructions given in each method carefully. By the end of this article, you should be able to resolve Youtube Playback Error and enjoy the videos on Youtube once again. So, let us not waste any time further and deep dive into the methods given below to fix Youtube Playback Error.
First of all, before going to the actual methods to fix Youtube Playback Error, try to turn off your Router for at least 30-40 seconds. After waiting for this much time, turn it on again and try playing some video on Youtube to see if the Youtube playback error vanishes. If this workaround doesn’t work for you, better implement the real methods mentioned below to fix this error once and for all.
METHOD 1: CLEAR SEARCH HISTORY WATCH HISTORY
Clearing out Search History and Watch History on the youtube app can sometimes resolve Youtube Playback Error. The steps to implement this method are different for different devices such as Android, iOS, and Windows PC. We have listed the steps for each device and you can follow the steps for your respective device.
FOR ANDROID USERS
Android users can follow the steps given below to clear search history and watch history for the Youtube application.
- Launch Youtube app on your Android device.
- On the top right corner, tap on your account/image icon. This will take you to your account page.
- Now tap on Settings option.
- Here, choose History and privacy option.
- Now first tap on Clear watch history and then tap on Clear search history option.
- Once this is done, close your Youtube app and launch it again. Now try watching some video and see if the Youtube Playback Error still persists.
FOR WINDOWS PC
If you are using Youtube on your Windows PC, you can follow the instructions given below to clear search history and watch history.
- Open Youtube on your web browser and log in to your account.
- On the left menu, you will see an option of History. Click on this option.
- Now on the right side, click on an option of CLEAR ALL WATCH HISTORY.
- After this, select the radio button for Search History option and then click on CLEAR ALL SEARCH HISTORY option.
- Now close the browser and open it again. Launch youtube on your web browser and try watching some video. Hopefully, you should not get Youtube Playback Error now.
METHOD 2: UPDATE ROUTER’S FIRMWARE
This is one of the most promising methods to fix Youtube Playback Error. In this method, we will try to update the Firmware of the router that we are using. The exact steps may vary from router to router depending upon the vendor. So, we will be giving some generic steps that would help in updating firmware for any router. Simply follow these steps to get this thing done.
- Log in to your Router’s administrative console using the IP address. Different vendors use different IP addresses for this purpose. However, the most common one is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. If you know the IP address to be used, it is well and good. If you don’t, then you may contact your vendor for the same.
- Once you have the IP address handy, put it into the browser and log in to your router.
- Now locate the Firmware upgrade section and then update the firmware by following the instructions.
- Once you have upgraded the firmware, try to watch some video on Youtube and see if the Youtube Playback error still persists.
METHOD 3: FORGET AND RE-ADD NETWORK
- Go to Settings and tap on Wi-Fi.
- Long press the network that you are using.
- Choose to Forget option.
- Now tap on the same network again.
- Enter the password to connect to the same network again.
- Once this is done, try to play any video on Youtube and see if the Youtube Playback Error still persists.
So these were the few methods to fix Youtube Playback Error. Hope you liked this article on How to fix Youtube Playback error. If you get stuck somewhere while implementing the methods that we have listed or you have any other concerns, feel free to reach out to us via comments. Thanks and stay tuned.