How to Fix Skype Error 1603: Skype is one of the most traditional yet widely used Video calling app. This Microsoft product has been there for Video calling since years and it is still one of the best video calling apps available. It gives you a very good video as well as sound quality. One more good thing about Skype is that Microsoft keeps rolling updates for Skype. Though the overall experience is quite smooth, the installation process of Skype sometimes become hectic. In this article, we are going to talk of one such issue, that it, Skype Error 1603.
When you try to upgrade Skype to the latest version, you may often encounter an alert box with message, “Installing Skype Failed; Code 1603. A fatal error occurred during installation”. The Skype Error 1603 will not allow you to install Skype which obviously leads to frustration. Let’s see what causes Skype Error 1603 and how to fix this super annoying error code.
WHAT CAUSES SKYPE ERROR 1603
There can be a number of reasons for this error code. However, the most common reasons for Skype Error 1603 are given below:
- Uninstallation of previous version of Skype was not clean. Thus, some of the patches of previous version still exist on the system.
- There is a conflict between Microsoft Office Registry keys and Skype Installation location on your system.
HOW TO FIX SKYPE ERROR 1603
In this section, we will be giving few methods to fix this error code. Follow along and go through the steps mentioned carefully.
METHOD 1: PERMANENTLY DELETE SKYPE FROM YOUR SYSTEM
Follow the steps mentioned below to permanently remove Skype from your PC:
- Go to Run (Windows Key + R) and type Appwiz.cpl
- Scroll down to select Skype.
- Right Click on Skype and click on Uninstall.
- Restart your system.
- Try installing the latest version of Skype and check if the error still persists.
METHOD 2: TRY AUTOMATED FIX TOOL BY MICROSOFT
Follow the steps mentioned below to implement this method:
- Download Microsoft Automated Fix Tool from this link.
- After successfully downloading this tool, install it and run on your system.
- Go through the wizard as per instructions.
- Once completed, restart your system.
- Try installing the latest version of skype and check of the error still persists.
METHOD 3: USE THIRD PARTY UNINSTALLER
If Microsoft Automated fix tool was unable to fix Skype Error 1603, you can try any of the third party uninstaller tool. Couple of good uninstaller tools are:
- Revo Uninstaller.
If you know any other better tool, then you are free to use it.
So these were the few methods to fix Skype Error 1603. Hope you liked this article on How to Fix Skype Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during Installation. If you find yourself into trouble while going through the methods mentioned in this article, feel free to reach out to us via comments. Also, if you get to know any other method to fix error code 1603, kindly share that with us so that it can help others as well. Thanks.