We assume you have been facing the Windows 10 brightness “not working” issue and that’s the reason you’re here reading this article. To begin off with, let me tell you that you aren’t the only one having to deal with this trouble.
This issue has been causing to appear in a lot many computerized drivers where the control settings do not allow you to fix the brightness of your screen.
However, here’s a quick fix and guide that you can follow that hopefully might help you resolve your issue in this regard.
Windows has always been giving up super high technical equipped updates ever since we can last remember, and Windows 10 has been one of them which was an update for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. However, to notice more, Windows 10 has been a successful update as the statistics show how more than 27 million PC users have been using this software.
As we all are aware of how it is, every software has some troubleshoots that need to be fixed every now and then, and today we’d like to help you out with the issue of how to fix the brightness issue which your software apparently won’t allow you to adjust.
How To Fix Brightness Not Change Issue In Windows 10
You’ve been spending the night watching a movie with the lights off and of course, you want to adjust your screen’s brightness in comparison to the brightness you had when in daylight, hurts eyes doesn’t it? Or maybe you’re running low on your battery and to save some you decide to reduce the brightness and well,
Windows decides to show up with a bug that isn’t letting you adjust the brightness. A nightmare now, isn’t it? Well, we wouldn’t actually disagree. So let us help you with how to fix this.
We believe that you might have already tried the basics of shutting off and shutting down your PC/laptop and tried moving the brightness bar up and doing but nothing just seems to work.
And we also know that you might’ve tried adjusting the brightness with the keys and even though the bar moved up and down, nothing really happened to the brightness on your screen, did it? To explain more, this issue is a pretty common one and technically occurs due to the glitch of incompatibility of the display driver to the software.
Methods To Fix Brightness Not Change Issue In Windows 10
To waste no more of your time, here are a few methods that you could put to use in order to fix this bug
- Press on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Now that the Device Manager is open, expand the Display Adapters and then right-click on the integrated graphics card and Update Driver.
- Now there would be two options shown under “How do you want to search for driver’s software?”, here you have to click on Search automatically for updated driver software and allow the work to be done automatically. Here your PC will use the Internet connection to find an update that will help in the functionality of any glitches in the PC or the updated software already.
- Now once the update is done, you will receive a notification saying that Windows has successfully updated your driver software message along with the details of the hardware. Please reboot your PC and check if the issue is resolved or not.
- If this does not seem to have worked as well, then it means that your graphics card manufacturer hasn’t provided any update yet.
So, go to Update Driver again and this time click on” Browse my Computer for Driver Software”
- Now click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option at the bottom.
- You would not receive a list in front of you, click on “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” and then click Next.
- Now all you have to do is let it install the basic Microsoft display driver and reboot your PC to save all the changes.
If the above method doesn’t seem to have worked at all, then please have a look at this one, and let’s see how it goes for you.
- Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc in the dialogue box and press Enter button to open Device Manager.
- Move your cursor on the ‘Monitors’ option and expand that option. Now, right-click on Generic PnP Monitor and select Enable.
- Once you have enabled it, now you will have to reboot your PC in order to save any changes and once you’re done with that, please try checking again if the brightness issue has been resolved or not.
Well, let’s step down to the third method as well.
- Right-back again, press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc in the dialogue box and hit Enter.
- Move the cursor to the ‘Monitors’ option and expand it, then right-click on Generic PnP Monitor and select Update Driver.
- Here again, you would reach the question, “How do you want to search for driver’s software?, amongst the options please select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Now another window would appear and then here click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option at the bottom.
- A different box would appear where you will have to click on Generic PnP Monitor and click Next.
- Now reboot your PC to save the changes and check again if the issue is resolved or not.
- To start off with, right-click on the Power icon on the taskbar and select Power Options.
- A rectangular window would appear where “Change Plan Settings” would appear to you in blue color. Please click on that.
- Now, click Change advanced power settings at the bottom.
- From the Advanced settings, window find and expand Display.
- Now you have to locate and click each of the following options: Display brightness
Dimmed display brightness
Enable adaptive brightness
- Now, you will have to change each of these settings. Please do it according to the way you want them to be and click “OK”.
- Now reboot your PC to save the changes.
So these were a few methods and you could incline towards if you have been facing the issue of not being able to adjust your PC’s brightness as you wish to. We hope these methods help you resolve your issue so that you can enjoy using your PC back again!