How to Deactivate Instagram Account: Instagram is one of the most popular social networking giants today. Instagram is outnumbering a number of social networking apps including Facebook and WhatsApp on its own. There are around 400 million active users on Instagram every day.
This number clearly depicts the popularity of this application. We have talked a lot about Instagram earlier such as How to Post on Instagram.
A lot of users, especially students, are getting too much attracted to such applications. This causes a bit of distraction and may affect their studies and other tasks.
So people often opt to deactivate Instagram account due to a number of reasons. Keeping this in mind, we are here to provide easy yet super effective methods to deactivate Instagram account easily. Let’s not waste any time further and see how we can deactivate the Instagram account.
When you think of deactivating any application, there are always two scenarios:
- You want to temporarily deactivate the account because you may want to restore it later.
- You want to completely delete or deactivate the account (once and for all).
In this section, we will be covering both scenarios. We will be giving a method to temporarily deactivate the Instagram account as well as a method to completely delete the Instagram account.
NOTE: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU CANNOT DEACTIVATE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT THROUGH APP. YOU NEED TO USE INSTAGRAM WEB APPLICATION FOR THAT.
TEMPORARILY DEACTIVATE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
Follow the steps given below to temporarily deactivate Instagram account:
- Go to Instagram.com and Login using your username and password.
- Click on the Users icon at the top right corner.
- Now click on Edit Profile button.
- Scroll down and click on Temporarily disable my account link.
- Here it will ask for a reason of disabling the account and ask for the password.
- Provide this information and click on Temporarily disable account button.
- That’s all. You have temporarily deactivated Instagram account successfully.
PERMANENTLY DEACTIVATE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
Before permanently deactivating your Instagram account, please keep in mind that you won’t be able to log in again ever with the same username. Also, you won’t be able to add that username ever again. If you still want to do it, follow the steps given below to permanently deactivate your Instagram account:
- Go to the Instagram account deactivation page by clicking here.
- It will ask for your username and password if you are not already logged in.
- Select an option from the drop-down for Why are you deleting your account option.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click on Permanently delete my account.
So these were the two full proof methods to deactivate your Instagram account. You can opt for any method at your convenience. Hope you liked this article on How to Deactivate Instagram Account. In case of any issues or concerns, feel free to reach out to us via comments or the Contact Us page. We are always happy to help. Thanks.