How to Change Language in Google Chrome: Google Chrome is arguably the best web browser as of now. Apart from Mozilla Firefox, there is no browser available in the market that can compete with the Google Chrome. This Google-backed web browser is both lightweight as well as easy to use. This makes it most people’s first choice as a web browser. Google Chrome is not only available for Android, but it can also be downloaded for Windows as well as MAC or iOS-based devices.
One of the stats clearly states that more than 58% of users across the world use Google Chrome as their default web browser. You can go through these stats if you want:
- Chrome: 58.09%
- Safari: 13.78%
- UC Browser: 8.16%
- Firefox: 5.27%
- Opera: 3.68%
- Internet Explorer: 3.08%
Well, numbers don’t lie. These numbers clearly state that Google Chrome is a winner by miles. No one is even near this super cool web browser.
Won’t it be fun if you will be able to make use of this awesome web browser in your own native language? Having something in our own language has its own fun. It gives us a home-like feeling and we tend to acquire a comfort zone. This is the reason why we are here to provide a tutorial on how to change language in Google Chrome. So, let us not waste anytime further and get started with the method to change language in Google Chrome.
HOW TO CHANGE LANGUAGE IN GOOGLE CHROME
This section covers all that you need. We are dividing this section into two parts:
Once you complete both the sections, you will be having web pages appearing in your own language. So, let us get started.
ADDING A NEW LANGUAGE TO GOOGLE CHROME
Welcome to part 1 of the tutorial on How to Change Language in Google Chrome. Here, we will be adding a new language to Google Chrome and then we will make it the default language in part 2 of this tutorial so that web pages start appearing in the new language. Follow the steps given below to implement this part.
- Launch Google Chrome on your machine. On the top right, you will see an icon with three vertical dots. Click on this icon and choose Settings. Alternatively, you can directly go to Settings by clicking here.
- Now scroll down to the bottom where you will find a field for Advanced settings. Click on this Advanced link.
- Scroll down until you see a section with the name of Languages.
- Click on the Language tab and then click on Add language link right below it. This will open a pop-up containing a list of all the languages currently supported by Google Chrome.
- Search for the language you want to add then just select that language. Now click on ADD button at the bottom of the pop-up.
- This will add the specified language in Google Chrome (as you can see in the screenshot below).
So, now that we have added the desired language in Google Chrome, it is now time to make it a default language so that all the web pages appear in this language only. Let us see how we can achieve that.
MAKING THIS LANGUAGE A DEFAULT ONE
Let us see how we can make the newly added language a default language for the Google Chrome. Just follow the steps given below and then you will be good to go.
- Click on the three vertical dots in front of the newly added language. Here you will see an option as Display Google Chrome in this language. Currently, it will not be ticked.
- Tick this option of Display Google Chrome in this language and relaunch Google Chrome on your system.
- Now you will see all the web pages in this new language only.
This was an easy tutorial on How to Change Language in Google Chrome. I wish you were able to achieve what you desired. Hope you liked this article on How to Change Language in Google Chrome. In case of any issues, feel free to post your thoughts in the comment section below. We will try to resolve your query as soon as possible. Thanks and stay tuned.