Fix Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003: With Windows 10, Microsoft is trying to bring out a number of new and exciting features. New web browser Edge, enhanced Task Bar, and great performance by Cortana are together contributing a lot to make Windows 10 a huge success. Millions of people have already upgraded to Windows 10 and many are looking forward to it.
While upgrading to Windows 10, many people are facing different errors. In this article, we are going to discuss one such error, that is, Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003. In the upcoming section, you will be getting detailed explanation of what causes Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003 and what are the various methods to fix it.
What Causes Windows 10 Error 0xc004c003?
There can be two ways of getting Windows 10. These are:
- You already have Windows 7 or Windows 8.x and you are trying to upgrade to Windows 10.
- You are trying to fresh install Windows 10 on your system.
If you fall in the first category (upgrading from Windows 7 or Windows 8.x to Windows 10), then you are at a good place and you won’t be getting Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003. However, if you are trying to fresh install Windows 10, then you may encounter Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003. You may see an error message like the one given in screenshot below.
How To Fix Windows 10 Error 0xc004c003
In this section, we will be providing two methods to fix Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003. You can go through each of the methods one by one.
Method 1: Reset Your System In Recoery Mode
Though this method is not the actual one to fix Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003, but it is worth giving a try. This method has been proven to be successful by a considerable number of users. Follow the steps as given below:
- Click on Start Menu, and then go to Settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Select Recovery.
- Click on Reset this PC option.
- Once your system starts, check if Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003 still persists.
If this method doesn’t work for you, go for the second method mentioned below.
Method 2: Upgrade To Windows 10 Through Windows 7/windows 8.1
This is a workaround through which you can get rid of Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003. Re, first we need to install Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and then we will upgrade to Windows 10. Then we will do a clean install to make our system free from all the issues. Follow the methods mentioned below:
- Insert windows installation CD having product key.
- Boot the system through CD by changing boot priority in BIOS.
- Perform all the steps required to fresh install Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
- Now you can upgrade to Windows 10. You will get a notification in notification tray.
- After successful installation of Windows 10, you can do a clean install if you wish.
Method 3: Reset your Windows 10/8.1/7 –
- Go to the start menu
- & then go to the PC settings there
- Click on the ‘Update and Security‘ option there
- On the left side, click on the Recovery option there
- You will see “Reset this PC” option there
- Now, click on “Get Started” to run it
- Wait until the PC is resetting
- After completing, close the tab
- That’s it, done
Now you have Windows 10 installed on your system without getting Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003.
So these were the two methods to fix Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003. Hope you liked this article on How to Fix Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003. In case you find any issue while going through the methods mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments. Also, if you find any alternate method to fix Windows 10 Error 0xC004C003, do share it with us. Thanks and Stay in Touch 😉