How to Fix Error Code 0xc00000e9: Windows is one the most used and most reliable Operating System in today’s era. With it’s easy to use graphics and decent performance, it is mostly the first choice as an OS. But at the same time,
we must also accept the fact that errors are inevitable. No matter how good your software is, it is going to fail at some point. Nothing is perfect in this world and software is no different.
So in this article, we will be talking about a very important issue that many Windows users face. This is Error Code 0xc00000e9. I am assuming that you are also getting error code 0xc00000e9 and that is the reason you are here. We will cover each and every aspect of this error and will try to resolve it.
What Causes Error Code 0xc00000e9?
Well, the error code 0xc00000e9 is generally caused when your PC is not able to communicate with your hard drive. This can be caused by:
- Damaged Hard drive.
- Incompatible SATA cable.
- Damaged/Incompatible Peripheral devices (attached devices).
Now that we know the cause of error code 0xc00000e9, let’s move ahead towards the methods to fix Windows Error Code 0xc00000e9.
How to Fix Error Code 0xc00000e9
There are a number of methods by which you can get rid of this error code. We have given the most efficient and proven methods. So let’s not waste any time and move directly to the methods so that we can quickly get rid of this super annoying error code.
Method 1: Remove all Peripheral Devices (External Devices)
- First of all, Shutdown your system.
- Now remove all the peripheral devices (such as the mouse, keyboard, USB drive, printer, external hard disk, etc).
- Now start your PC and see if it resolves the issue.
- If it does, try reconnecting each peripheral device one by one to find out the culprit.
- It is also possible that you may end up connecting all the devices and your system works fine too.
- Bad Windows Installation ISO.
Method 2: Automatic Repair
Follow the steps given below to start Automatic Repair on your machine:
- Insert Windows 10 bootable installation DVD or Recovery disc.
- Restart your system.
- Now you will be prompted to press any key. So press any key to continue.
- Select the preferred language and click Next.
- Now click on Repair your Computer button on the bottom left.
- On Choose an Option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Now click Advanced Option.
- On the Advanced Options screen, select Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
- Wait till the process completes.
- Restart your system. Hopefully, you would be able to successfully start your system now.
Method 3: Check SATA Cables
Incompatible SATA cables can also cause the error code 0xc00000e9. So follow the steps given below to check your SATA cables:
- Shutdown your PC.
- Open the cabinet (or case) and locate the hard drive along with SATA cables connected to it.
- Replace the cable with a new one.
- Start the system and check if it resolves error code 0xc00000e9.
Method 4: Check With another Hard Drive
It may be possible that the hard drive you are using has been damaged. In such a case, try replacing it with a new hard drive and check if it works. If it does, take your old hard drive to a repair shop and get it fixed from there.
Step 1. Turn on your PC, insert the Windows installation DVD, and then reboot your computer.
Step 2. Select the language and region, and then click Repair your computer.
Step 3. In a Windows 10 (or Windows 8.1, Windows 8) installation media, select “Troubleshoot” > “Command Prompt”. In a Windows 7 installation media, in System “Recovery Options”, select the first item and Windows 7 as the operating system, click “Next” > “Command Prompt”.
Step 4. In Command Prompt, type “chkdsk /f /r”, and press “Enter”.
Step 5. Press Y on your keyboard.
Method 5: Repair/Rebuild Windows BCD files
In some cases, the bootloader configuration (BCD) repair helps. To do this, you need to run the following commands in the Command Prompt window and restart the computer:
- bootrec.exe /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /scanos
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
So these were the few methods to get rid of Windows Error Code 0xc00000e9. Hope you liked this article on How to fix Windows Error Code 0xc00000e9. In case of any issues or concerns, feel free to reach out to us via comments or contact us page. We are always happy to help. Thanks.