Google Chrome Unable to Connect to the Proxy Server: When it comes to Web Browsers, Google Chrome is the first choice. With the ease of use, simplicity, and super smooth experience, Google Chrome is always good to go. In this article, we are going to talk about an error that arises on Google Chrome.
The error code in question is – ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. While trying to access any proxy server, you get a message Unable to Connect to the Proxy Server with an error code ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. This error is quite annoying, and so we thought of writing an article to provide some methods to fix the Chrome ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED error.
HOW TO FIX CHROME ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED ERROR: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE PROXY SERVER
METHOD 1: CHANGE PROXY SETTINGS
Follow the steps given below to fix Chrome ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED Error:
- Close all Chrome tabs and Windows, if open.
- Now Right Click on Google Chrome, and choose Run as Administrator.
- On the top right corner, select the menu icon (three dots).
- Here, choose Settings.
- Scroll down till you see a link to Show Advanced Settings. Click on this link.
- Now select Open Proxy Settings.
- Make sure you select the option of Automatically Detect Settings.
- Select OK and Restart your system.
- Now try accessing the internet and check if the error persists.
METHOD 2: UNINSTALL MALICIOUS APPLICATION
If you were not able to fix Chrome ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED Error: Unable to Connect to the Proxy Server with the first method, try the steps given below:
- Follow all the steps mentioned in step 1.
- Now again, go back to the Proxy/Lan Settings and check if the option of Automatically Detect Settings is still ticked.
- If not, go to Control Panel and check if you have recently installed any application. It may be possible that this application is creating an issue while accessing the internet.
- To uninstall this application and check if the Google Chrome ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED Error persists.
METHOD 3: SCAN YOUR SYSTEM WITH ANTIVIRUS
If none of the methods mentioned above could solve your issue, it is better to scan your system with a good antivirus. It is better to go with Kaspersky Internet Security antivirus. Run a full system scan. This may take a while. Wait till it completes and check if the error in question has been fixed.
METHOD 4: RESET INTERNET,
- press the Windows + R key combination, and enter inetcpl.cpl in the Run window that will appear. Press the enter key.
- Internet Options window will open. Please navigate to the Advanced tab at the top of it.
- Now click on the Reset button.
METHOD 5: RENEW IP ADDRESS
- Open Command Prompt
- Type the commands given below
- Finally, type Exit. Then press the Enter key to close the Command Prompt.
These were the few methods to fix Google Chrome ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED Error: Unable to Connect to the Proxy Server. I hope you liked this article. In case of any issues or concerns regarding any of the methods mentioned above, please feel free to ask via comments. Also, if you come across any other method to fix this error, kindly share that with us to help others. Thanks.